So apparently I'm REALLY bad at updating my blog seeings how it's been over a month....So things have been pretty crazy in my life....
So to pick up where I left off, ballet camp was like the best thing ever! I had amazing girls and an amazing roommate! Such a blast! Also 2 of my friends Kay and Krispin got married.
During my 2nd week of camp I was invited to go on an Alaskan cruise with the Sorensen family. I ended up having to leave in the middle of ballet camp so on Tuesday night I went to the dance and then had to say good-bye to all of my girls. I was so sad, but excited for the cruise! It was pretty crazy! My plane left at 5:00 am and with a layover in Oregon and then on to Vancouver where I met the rest of the family. The cruise was such a blast! Only one little mishap....like the fact that they lost my luggage so I was basically wearing the same outfit all week :) but it was no big deal and I survived. The Sorensen's are amazing!
We flew straight from Anchorage Alaska to Seattle Washington for a few days at the Lake House. The Sorensen's go every year to their lake house and I was lucky enough to be invited :) We had a blast! We went shopping, picked berries, played on the docks and on the lake. Our other friends Rhett and Doug also came so that was fun. I stayed for a few days and then was back to Provo.
The Monday I got back was actually the day of a funeral of a good friend that I worked with in the Education Advisement Center for three and half years. I found out while I was in Seattle that she was killed in a motorcycle accident. What a blessing to be able to make it back for her funeral. It was such a neat experience and she was such an amazing person! Somebody that I looked forward to seeing everyday at work and somebody that made me feel important. She will be missed, but has definitely gone on to a better place.
So in all of my travels I missed a lot of the planning for my cousin slash best friends wedding, but I was able to make it to her bridal shower. So crazy!! That Friday I was spending the day at the pool when I got a phone call from my sister saying that my Grandma was being taken to the hospital and wasn't doing well. So Kendra, Star, and I immediately dropped what we were doing and drove to the hospital to see our Grandma. She had had a stroke and was paralyzed in her right side, but was completely coherent. We got there and were able to talk to her and she was asking us questions about school, and our travels, etc. She was even cracking jokes with the Dr. and telling us all about the pranks she used to play. She was transported to the hospital in Provo for more specialized treatment. The rest of the day was spent at the hospital with family that was in town and those that were able to travel there. She had another stroke later that night and passed away the next morning around 1:30. It was such a neat experience and what an amazing opportunity to be able to talk to her and spend those last few minutes of her life right there next to her. She was such an amazing example to me and definitely somebody I look up to.
The next week Kendra and I had the opportunity to be FOL peer mentors! AHHH what an amazing experience! By far one of my favorite things I have ever done at BYU!! So OBSESSED!! For those of you who don't know what it is; it's called Foundation of Leadership and every incoming freshman has the choice of attending. We spend about 3 days up at Aspen Grove doing group bonding activities, learning how to become a better leader like Christ, going to classes, but overall just having a big party! My group was such a blast this year and the other peer mentors were so fun!! One of my dearest friends, Kelsey Jones that I made last year doing FOL also did it this year and I was ecstatic!
That weekend was Cali and Nate's wedding. We had a little slumber party at Cali's apt the night before, which consisted of painting our toe nails matching and then just chatting for awhile. We were all so tired....hahaha The wedding was so great and Cali looked beautiful of course!! I can't believe she is married!! AHHHHHH so weird! The next week was spent applying for jobs in Provo and going to a couple parties basically every night since everybody had just come back for school. Emily had come up to visit for a bit and had a going away party. It was so fun to see so many people especially everybody from the study abroad! That week I also had a job interview.
I had been bumming off the girls at the apartment and started feeling bad so I moved all of my stuff back to Cedar City. We were heading to Arizona for my Grandma's funeral so I just brought all of my stuff down on the way. I was actually headed back to Safford, Arizona for the first time in about 6 plus years! So crazy! It was such a good weekend. It was spent visiting and playing with family. There were all 10 of my Grandma's kids there, and all but about 2 of her 55 grandchildren and over a hundred great-grandchildren. It was so amazing! The funeral was so great, what an amazing person she was! It was so fun to be back where my mom grew up and hear stories and meet some of her friends from high school.
Bex and I are what we like to call "funemployed" she is back from Guatemala and looking for a job and so am I so we have been hanging out together and our parents house in Cedar City. It has been so fun to hang out with Bex again and be at home. We also spent some time in St. George visiting our cousin Katie and spent the night with our Aunt Ellen and Uncle Doug. We had a great time chatting and hanging out at the pool!
On Sunday Bex and I drove up to Provo just in time for a little birthday celebration for Anna. It was so fun to see everybody and sing around the piano together. I had a job interview at Xango on Monday afternoon for an event coordinator position and I'm still waiting to hear back. We spent a couple more days hanging out at Anna & Jeff's with the kids and doing things in Provo and on campus. We were able to hear President Monson speak in devotional on Tuesday, what a neat experience. He is such an amazing man! I love BYU and the feel that is there! The girls had wancakes on Wed night and it was such a party! It was fun to see everybody and chat for a little while. Also on Wednesday 2 of my most favorite people ever, now Sister Jenae Brett and Sister Emily Sorensen entered the MTC! AHHHH they are going to such amazing missionaries! They're both going to be serving on Temple Square.
Thursday morning Bex and I left super early to get to Cedar City to see our dear sister Saryn in the Homecoming Royalty Assembly. She is so cute and such a big deal! :) We came home and made raspberry peach jam and bottled it and then went and watched our other brother that is a huge deal play in the JV football game. They won and he played so great! Friday we made salsa and then went to the Homecoming game that night. It was so fun to see friends I haven't seen in a really long time! Visited my good friend Amanda on Saturday, which was a blast! Then a tragic loss from the BYU football team! :( I ended up going back to Provo on Sunday for my cousin Chad's mission farewell and another interview yesterday and now I'm back in Cedar City. Bex and I are leaving for Mexico later today.


BAAHHHH! I am so jealous of this whole post! Even the events I was there for...still jealous! I love you and yeah for updating your blog!! My family is so cool! Love you and hate you...because you are in Mexico!
ReplyDeletei love blogstalking you! i love your life! haha and i also ADORE the picture of you and alex and emily on the alaskan cruise where you are wearing the green shirt and alex is wearing the blue coat. you are all so beautiful. BAH i miss you
ReplyDelete