Thursday, January 14, 2010

More Adventures!

Well in case you're wondering, no I have not fallen off the face of the earth. :) I'm just a big slacker when it comes to blogging apparently...especially since I'm not really sure anybody reads this anyway. :) but since I feel like I have had so many lessons in the last few weeks about keeping a history and how much I wish my parents had a better one I decided I should update. At least for my own sake...or possibly my kids :) It's only been a little over a month since I've updated, no big deal!

So since Thanksgiving....
  • I went to a missionary Christmas fireside and I was able to see my dear friend Sister Sara Picard who is serving here! AHHH great day! I also ran into an old friend from high school that I didn't even know was serving here! so crazy!
Isn't she so cute!? AHHH I <3>
  • We had RS Christmas dinner that was a blast cause I was able to get to know more of the sisters in the ward! They are so great!
  • I played drums in the band for our ward Christmas party. :) I also made the cutest treat EVER for the party haha it was such a blast and Heleyna helped a little too. They were a huge hit and even though I made about 60 of them they were gone in minutes!
cutest snowmen you've ever seen? That's what I thought! :)
We went and saw the lights in the city for FHE

We combined with another FHE group to go into the city and see the lights
  • I went on splits with the sister missionaries for the first time! So amazing!
  • Tabby and I went into the city and went ice skating in Central Park..and we found a frozen yogurt place! AHHHHH seriously BEST DAY EVER! I have been dying without Yozone!
You can tell by the expression on my face how excited I was :)
  • The kids and I went to the Turtleback Zoo and saw all the lights, went to the Imagine That Museum, and played at the mall, A LOT! :)
Making our Christmas chain countdown.

Turtle Back Zoo

This is at the Imagine That! Museum and it's so fun! They have tons of activities for little kids like painting, dance, a little shopping center, a post office, a "sand" castle, musical instruments, a pirate ship, an airplane, rocket ship, car, etc. Needless to say it is easy to spend HOURS here! :) We love it!

check out those cheeks :)

Our little fairy! (Tink for short)
  • I got to go home for Christmas for a week!!!!! (highlights)
  • I got to see ALL of my family
making gingerbread houses


Grandma with her grandkids (minus Trent..they weren't there yet)

our matching aprons my mom made us
  • Christmas nativity



that is Allie's famous smile, which is why she does it in like every picture :)
  • Just being with my family and playing with my niece and nephews

We celebrated Trent's first birthday.....
He LOVED digging into his cake..and so did his siblings :)
  • Meeting baby Benson for the first time! :)
  • Painting our blue wall


  • and last, but not least seeing a few friends
  • I came back to NJ and found out I didn't have to work so I took a bus the next morning to DC. Saw Krista and Jeff, spent the night, got up the next morning and drove to Charleston
  • Spent NYE in Charleston, SC with Becca, Dianna, and Christina, so great! (unfortunately all of these pictures were taken by Christina and I can't figure out how to get them off of the picasa album she sent me....I will post them later)
  • The next week flew to San Diego for work. AHHHH!! Best weather ever! Definitely where I need to move next. Had a fantastic time all week playing with the kids OUTSIDE, going to the beach, meeting up with the Taylor's old friends, and eating frozen yogurt almost everyday :)

This is Heleyna's old nanny "Tata" she was nice enough to let us hang out with her and the 5 kids she takes care of now!

This is him chasing the birds! He couldn't get enough of the beach.

Isn't this amazing

Now I've been back in Jersey for a week and it's just back to real life...haha it hasn't been too bad actually and the weather hasn't been horrible. In fact yesterday it was about 60 degrees! ...but today it's been pouring rain. The kids are great, the family is great and we even got to have a few playdates this week, which is so fun both for the kids...and for me :) I started a hip hop and jazz dance class so that is exciting! I also went and saw Taylor in Finian's Rainbow again, only this time he was playing the lead role. He did a fantastic job! Then yesterday we had a YSA activity and I met some new friends, which is ALWAYS a bonus! All in all it's been a great week and I'm happy to be here!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Looks like you've been busy. I LOVE those snowmen cupcakes.
    And we love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the heck?! How do I sign up for your job?? Sounds like you've been having fun! And yes, deff. Keep up the blog, you're doing SO many fun things you'll want to remember. I like reading your updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Bri. I just realized how much I miss you and you're beautiful face!!! I'm so glad you are having so much fun!! I love you so much! I love seeing all your pictures. Oh and I didn't even know that you Painted the Blue wall in Cedar! What color is it now?? Goodness I need to take a trip there soon! I miss you're whole family so much! Oh and don't worry, I need to update my blog too! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just FYI, I also read your blog :) Looks like it's been an action-packed adventure recently. Wish I could have seen you when you came to DC, but maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesh! I love love loved this post! I read your blog. Obviously. I love you dearly. Miss you, need to come visit you. When is that even going to happen?! :(

    ReplyDelete